If you have any questions about your specific situation, please consult with your tax advisor. If you do not currently have a tax advisor, we welcome the opportunity to serve you. Please call 215-723-4881 or contact us online.
Are you thinking of starting your own business? Then plan on attending the aptly-named “Starting Your Own Business” class presented by Canon Capital’s Brent Thompson as part of the Souderton Area School District’s Community Education program.
This four-hour class takes place in two, two-hour sessions 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 26 and Thursday, February 28, 2019.
During the class, Brent will cover:
- Business entity structures and the advantages, disadvantages, and tax ramifications of each.
- Concepts to help your new venture be more successful.
- An overview of financing, accounting, insurance, titled assets, home office deductions, auto mileage rules, buy/sell agreements, and more.
Bring any questions you might have to class. Cost is $30.00. Register with SACE online (from the left sidebar of the page select “Evening School,” “Life Planning & Organizing,” and then “Starting a Business.”). View the full program catalog here (Please note, the catalog shows this class as happening in two separate, two-hour sessions. It is one full course presented in the four hours of the two evening sessions.)
We are settling in at our new office, located at 484 Harleysville Pike, Harleysville, PA 19438. We are awaiting final signage and landscaping. In the meantime, please use the photo in this blog and the directions below to help you travel to our new location. Please note: the main entrance is on the side of the building; not the street-facing entrance.
Directions from Routes 113 & 63
- Head southwest on Route 113 South (heading toward Lederach/Skippack)
- Continue on Route 113 South, passing the Harleysville Post Office on your right.
- Follow Route 113 around the bend and our new office will be on your left.
Directions from Routes 113 & 73
- Head northeast on Route 113 North (heading toward Harleysville/Souderton)
- Continue on Route 113 North, through the five points intersection in Lederach
- Follow Route 113 North; shortly after passing Cheswyck Drive on your right, our building will be on the right.
We look forward to your first visit to our new space, with all four of our business units — CPA, Payroll, Technologies, and Wealth Management — waiting to serve you.
Moving Day has arrived! Please note the following regarding our access and availability January 23-28, 2019 as we move our Hatfield and Souderton offices to our new Harleysville location:
The Wealth Management office is currently in the process of moving. Staff will be accessible via phone and email.
Accounting, Payroll, & Technologies
These business units will begin moving Thursday, January 24. The Souderton office will be accessible until the end of business on Thursday, January 24. Staff will be accessible via phone and email.
There may be delays in communication during this time as we transition to the new location. We are planning that Monday, January 28, 2019 will be our first official day of business in our new location:
Our telephone number (215-723-4881) remains the same.
Canon Capital Technologies is currently seeking an individual for a PC-Network Technician position. If you are someone who enjoys working with people to help them resolve their computer and network-related issues, this is a terrific opportunity:
Canon Capital Technologies Job Description
PC-Network Technician (Revised January 2019)
Canon Capital Technologies is a provider of Managed IT Services, computer systems, software, and related services in Harleysville, PA. As such, we position ourselves as a trusted advisor to which our customers in the SMB (Small / Medium size Businesses) market can look to for growing their business through the use of technology. We work primarily in the Microsoft Windows server and desktop environment along with associated peripherals such as printers, routers, switches, and scanners. We also specialize in data security, hosted solutions (email, phone, web filtering, spam filtering) and other products and services. We encourage our customer’s to utilize us as the first line of defense for all things technology-related so that we can help them to make informed technology decisions that are right for their organization.
Who should apply?
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and “people” skills. You will deal directly with end users (remotely via phone, and in person on site) and your primary goal is to leave them feeling like they were taken care of in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. If you enjoy working with people, and sincerely care about making their day better please apply! If you tend to work better in a back-end position with less interaction with people, or are easily frustrated, or do not work well under pressure this is not the position for you.
The PC-Network Technician will service our customers in the following ways:
• Install, maintain, document, upgrade or replace computer hardware and software systems.
• Analyze and troubleshoot hardware, software and operating system related issues on Microsoft Windows- based personal computer systems.
• Utilize pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, and work with other staff to create and enhance guidelines on an ongoing basis.
• Performs installation and maintenance of the customer’s local area networks, Windows-based fileservers, and PC workstations
• Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures for LAN/WANusage throughout customer organizations.
• Monitor reliability of network infrastructure and operating systems using software tools and monitoring agents.
• Diagnose and repair network related issues.
• Perform network administration tasks such as maintaining user account information, file/folder security, configuring network shares and configuring shared printers.
• Provides remote support via telephone and remote desktop control software to end users on a variety of issues.
• Identify, research, and resolve technical problems such as spyware infections, Microsoft Windows error messages, software errors, configuration problems, etc.
• Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
• Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
• Coordinate with other staff to resolve problems if necessary.
• Utilize excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• This is a full-time position.
• Starting salary negotiable, based on experience and skill set
•We do require experience and demonstrated abilities in some or all of the areas listed above. However, excellent people skills are of primary concern – existing technical skills are important, but secondary in our decision-making process. We will provide in-house training as needed to bring the right person’s skill set in line with the tasks at hand.
• Work hours are generally 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional evening or weekend remote troubleshooting and/or on-site support
• Position requires a valid driver’s license, and you must have your own vehicle as you will need to make site visits to customer locations. We do reimburse for mileage at the standard maximum allowable IRS rates.
• We offer benefits such as paid vacation time, holidays, health plan, 401(k) plan and referral bonus plan
• Applicant must be able to lift and carry equipment. Most items are 20lbs or less (a new PC for example). Some items could be heavier, and we do provide a dolly for transportation assistance.
• Your “home base” will be at our office in Harleysville, PA. Responsibilities will require driving to customer locations, most of which are within a 20-mile radius of Harleysville.
If you feel you would be a good candidate for this position, please email your resume to:
Canon Capital Technologies
Attn: Kent Gerhart
484 Harleysville Pike
Harleysville, PA 19438
Are you a business owner curious about what the new developments will mean for your 2018 return? Then join us Tuesday, January 29 as we, along with QNB Bank and the Indian Valley Chamber of Commerce, share the latest updates, including:
- NEW Section 199A 20% Passthrough Deduction for S Corps, Partnerships, LLC’s and sole proprietors
- NEW Partnerships Audit Examination Rules and How to Protect Yourself
- NEW Bonus Depreciation and Section 179 Limits
- NEW Pennsylvania 1099 Withholding Requirements
- NEW Changes in Capital Gains, Mortgage Interest, State and Local Tax Deductions and More
Register with the Indian Valley Chamber of Commerce online or via phone at 215-723-9472 by January 22, 2019.
The full impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 will be realized with the filing of 2018 returns. Be prepared by consulting our 2018-19 Tax Planning Guide. Stay up to date with the most recent tax news and the latest facts, with relevant information for individuals, investors, and business owners.
This resource is available to you right now. It is the first item listed on the Useful CPA Links and Resources page of our website.
If you have any questions about this or any other element of your tax planning, we are glad to be of service. Call 215-723-4881 or contact us online.
Work continues on the new building in Harleysville. We’re looking forward to the New Year, when we anticipate moving in and all four of our business units serving you from under one roof. Stay tuned for continued updates.
On Saturday, December 1, 2018, we continued our annual tradition of providing a water station as participants in the Generations of Indian Valley Annual Reindeer Run complete the unforgiving hill of Main Street Souderton. Our own Sarah Hughes (who finished in first place in her category) and Brian Erkes participated alongside the rest of the reindeer antlered, ugly sweater-wearing runners and walkers. We even spotted Batman! However, they couldn’t top our water station volunteers; Canon Capital’s Mike Witter was joined by The Grinch and the big man himself, Santa Claus. The Reindeer Run benefits the programs of Generations of Indian Valley, including their Meals on Wheels service.
We recently shared the changes brought to Meals and Entertainment expense deductions as a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Since first sharing that information, the IRS has issued additional guidance on these deductions.
Under this interim guidance, issued October 3, 2018, meals for entertaining clients, prospects, and the like remain 50% deductible, meaning taxpayers may deduct 50% of an otherwise allowable business meal expense if:
- The expense is ordinary and necessary.
- The expense is not lavish or extravagant.
- The taxpayer or taxpayer’s employee(s) is/are present at the meal.
- Food and beverage are purchased separately from any entertainment, or the food and beverage cost is separately stated on the invoice.
Taxpayers may rely on this guidance pending the issuance of proposed regulations by the IRS.
If you have questions or would like to set up a tax planning session, contact us online or call 215-723-4881.