Looking for a new challenge? Tired of the long commute to that large accounting firm in Philadelphia? Eager for that next step in your career to firm leadership?
Or perhaps you have a trusted colleague, family member, or friend who is considering a new opportunity? We are currently offering a $1,000 referral bonus to you should we hire the person you refer to us.
If you or someone you know are in search of a new opportunity in an environment where going above and beyond and having a desire to benefit our community by serving our clients well is the norm, let’s see if you/they would be a good fit for our CPA Manager position in our Harleysville office.
We are seeking a manager/leader who is a clear communicator, curious, adaptable, personable, collaborative, and above all, self-motivated. These qualities are imperative in meeting our expectations for the quality of service required by our commitment to our clients, but they are also necessary in providing leadership to our staff. The successful candidate for this position will be viewed as having a fast-track to partner status.
We provide the usual services but going over and above basic compliance is our goal. We interact on a regular basis with our small business clients, meeting throughout the year to provide consulting and other services. We are also pleased to work with a wide array of not-for-profit clients who better our community every day. Internally, we offer a friendly work environment with an emphasis on work-life balance tailored to each person’s goals and expectations. If that sounds inviting, and you think you have something to contribute to our firm, apply today with salary requirements as well as a cover letter telling us something about yourself that makes you the right person for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Licensing: CPA (Required)
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent public accounting experience; A&A (preferred) or both A&A and tax
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office; QuickBooks ProAdvisor a plus, not required
- Proficiency with Thomson Reuters UltraTax and accounting products a plus, but not required
- Personnel management a plus, but not required
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who:
- Demonstrates a high degree of independent judgment
- Possesses the ambition to embrace opportunities that present themselves
- Excels at providing quality work in a timely and accurate manner
- Exercises excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in any setting
- Multi-tasks, meets required deadlines, and works effectively as part of a team
- Shows strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills
- Thrives in a relatively high-pressure environment and can make frequent shifts as the job demands
- Knows how to manage and develop staff, giving regular feedback and guidance
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing A&A services using Thomson Reuters accounting products for compilations, reviews, and audits of not-for-profits and for-profit businesses in varied industries.
- Providing tax services using Thomson Reuters UltraTax for Forms 706, 709, 990 series, 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120 series, and multi-state and local returns, with Thomson Reuters accounting product integration
- Taking responsibility for planning and executing client engagements as assigned, delegating work to staff, reviewing that work, and training as necessary
- Managing personnel as assigned, including annual reviews and interim monitoring as needed
- Other projects as they arise
- Flexible work schedule
- Referral bonus program
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- AICPA/PICPA dues and CPE costs
- Educational and professional designations reimbursement
Schedule: Monday to Friday, additional tax season hours from January to April 15
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org