Canon Capital Technologies is currently seeking an individual for a PC-Network Technician position. If you are someone who enjoys working with people to help them resolve their computer and network-related issues, this is a terrific opportunity:
Canon Capital Technologies Job Description
PC-Network Technician (Revised January 2019)
Canon Capital Technologies is a provider of Managed IT Services, computer systems, software, and related services in Harleysville, PA. As such, we position ourselves as a trusted advisor to which our customers in the SMB (Small / Medium size Businesses) market can look to for growing their business through the use of technology. We work primarily in the Microsoft Windows server and desktop environment along with associated peripherals such as printers, routers, switches, and scanners. We also specialize in data security, hosted solutions (email, phone, web filtering, spam filtering) and other products and services. We encourage our customer’s to utilize us as the first line of defense for all things technology-related so that we can help them to make informed technology decisions that are right for their organization.
Who should apply?
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and “people” skills. You will deal directly with end users (remotely via phone, and in person on site) and your primary goal is to leave them feeling like they were taken care of in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. If you enjoy working with people, and sincerely care about making their day better please apply! If you tend to work better in a back-end position with less interaction with people, or are easily frustrated, or do not work well under pressure this is not the position for you.
The PC-Network Technician will service our customers in the following ways:
• Install, maintain, document, upgrade or replace computer hardware and software systems.
• Analyze and troubleshoot hardware, software and operating system related issues on Microsoft Windows- based personal computer systems.
• Utilize pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, and work with other staff to create and enhance guidelines on an ongoing basis.
• Performs installation and maintenance of the customer’s local area networks, Windows-based fileservers, and PC workstations
• Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures for LAN/WANusage throughout customer organizations.
• Monitor reliability of network infrastructure and operating systems using software tools and monitoring agents.
• Diagnose and repair network related issues.
• Perform network administration tasks such as maintaining user account information, file/folder security, configuring network shares and configuring shared printers.
• Provides remote support via telephone and remote desktop control software to end users on a variety of issues.
• Identify, research, and resolve technical problems such as spyware infections, Microsoft Windows error messages, software errors, configuration problems, etc.
• Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
• Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
• Coordinate with other staff to resolve problems if necessary.
• Utilize excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• This is a full-time position.
• Starting salary negotiable, based on experience and skill set
•We do require experience and demonstrated abilities in some or all of the areas listed above. However, excellent people skills are of primary concern – existing technical skills are important, but secondary in our decision-making process. We will provide in-house training as needed to bring the right person’s skill set in line with the tasks at hand.
• Work hours are generally 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional evening or weekend remote troubleshooting and/or on-site support
• Position requires a valid driver’s license, and you must have your own vehicle as you will need to make site visits to customer locations. We do reimburse for mileage at the standard maximum allowable IRS rates.
• We offer benefits such as paid vacation time, holidays, health plan, 401(k) plan and referral bonus plan
• Applicant must be able to lift and carry equipment. Most items are 20lbs or less (a new PC for example). Some items could be heavier, and we do provide a dolly for transportation assistance.
• Your “home base” will be at our office in Harleysville, PA. Responsibilities will require driving to customer locations, most of which are within a 20-mile radius of Harleysville.
If you feel you would be a good candidate for this position, please email your resume to:
Canon Capital Technologies
Attn: Kent Gerhart
484 Harleysville Pike
Harleysville, PA 19438